Skip to content ↓

Residential visit to France – EHIC card/Passport

Residential visit to France – EHIC card/Passport


Your child will require a European Health Insurance card (EHIC) for the residential visit to France. This entitles them to medical treatment during their stay. Treatment is free or at a reduced cost with the card. The quickest and easiest way to obtain it is to apply online – see the official Department of Health website:


There is no charge for the card but a ‘Google’ search will first direct you to websites which do charge for their service. The main applicant must be 16 or over, therefore the parent or carer applies for the card, naming the child as a dependant.


If you require any further details, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Academy, by ‘phone or email,


Thank you for your support.


Mrs. K.M. Turney

Director of Subject, Modern Foreign Languages