Sixth Form Admission Arrangements
Entry to the Sixth Form will depend on a number of factors including performance in GCSEs and equivalent examinations. Our expectations are that all Sixth Form students take their studies seriously, work hard and make the most of the expertise and commitment of staff. Every Sixth Form student will need to provide commitment to their own future and be fully focused on achieving the best they can. All students will be expected to follow the Sixth Form Code of Conduct and Appearance.
All students wishing to find out more about the Sixth Form should contact the Academy directly for an appointment to discuss their individual needs or complete the application form on the website.
As an expanding Sixth Form our courses are changing and a personal discussion with Mrs Samantha Anderson who is responsible for the Sixth Form will help the decision making process. The deadline for admissions was the 31st January for the current academic year.
To download the Sixth Form Application Form please click the link on the right hand menu.
Arrangements for Admission to Post 16 Provision
Admission Numbers for External Students - 25 Students
- It is important that students select courses appropriate to their needs in terms of ability and career plans.
- Students must gather as much information as possible to ensure that they make well informed decisions.
- Academy staff will examine subject choices and offer further guidance, should the need arise. Students will receive confirmation that their application has been successful.
- The Academy will admit students from outside CBA into Year 12. The maximum number of admissions for external candidates is 25. Entry requirements for courses are the same as those for internal applicants. In the event that there are more than 25 external applicants eligible for entry, the oversubscription criteria will be applied (see below).
- Students entering CBA’s Sixth Form will be expected to read and sign a learning agreement which outlines the commitment required to be successful in Post 16 study and the support that students can expect to receive from Academy staff. In addition, Sixth Form students must recognise that they are part of a large community and have a responsibility to abide by our dress code and conduct themselves in a manner that supports the Academy ethos.
- The entry requirements for external students will be the same as for continuing students. All students must complete a Corby Business Academy application form.
There are two areas within the Sixth Form for students to apply for:
1. Level 3 Pathway Courses
- Requirements include:
- A minimum of 5 A*- C grades including a 4 or above in English Literature or English Language and a 4 or above in Maths, plus any other grades required for specific subjects.
- Course entry requirements are outlined in our Sixth Form prospectus. For those students who have not achieved a level 4 or above in English and/or Maths we offer:
2.Level 3 Gateway Course Entry
- A minimum of 5 A* - C grades including English Literature or English Language and Maths at level 3 or above, plus any other grades required for specific subjects.
- Course entry requirements are outlined in our Sixth Form prospectus.
- Students will be expected to retake Maths, English or both as part of this course.
- CBA reserve the right to remove any Sixth Form course if the interest in the course is not sustainable financially for the Academy. In such circumstances, students will be informed at the earliest opportunity and guidance given with regards to alternative options available.