Positive Behaviour for Learning
Our key purpose at Corby Business Academy is to ensure the safety, well-being and success of all our students. In order to ensure success for all, we have range of interventions in place to support students, develop positive relationships and refocus on learning. At Corby Business Academy, we work endlessly to ensure we provide a consistent approach to behaviour management and aim to instil the Academy’s values into each of our students to give them the skills and opportunities to succeed.
For students to be successful at Corby Business Academy we expected them to understand that teachers within the Academy have the right to teach without disruption and that students have the right to learn without distraction.
Teachers can teach without disruption, Students can learn without distraction!
In order to create this positive behaviour culture of mutual respect and tolerance where all members of our Academy community can be successful and achieve their potential, all students are responsible for certain expectations in classrooms and in corridors. This includes time spent journeying to and from Corby Business Academy.
Corby Business Academy teachers are tough on bad choices because we want to help students become better people in the long run. We teach students to break old habits and learn the characteristics of successful adults.
For Corby Business Academy students to be successful in their classroom and around the Academy we encourage them to be Ready, Respectful and Safe. Students who embed these simple expectations as part of their daily habits are more likely to be successful and achieve their full potential.
- Ready - Listen carefully giving staff your full attention.
- Ready - Arrive on time to school and lessons.
- Ready - Show determination by always trying your hardest (100% effort).
- Ready - Dress smartly in school uniform and be proud to represent the Academy.
- Ready - Show ambition by having high expectations of yourself.
- Ready - Be sat in the correct seat.
- Ready - Come equipped with a Pen, Pencil and ruler.
- Respectful - Treat others as you would wish them to treat you.
- Respectful - Follow all instructions at the first time of asking.
- Respectful - Make sure all litter goes into the bin.
- Respectful - Keep our toilets clean.
- Respectful - Don’t talk/make noise when a teacher is speaking.
- Respectful - Be truthful at all times.
- Respectful - Apologise when in the wrong.
- Safe - Do not run in the Academy.
- Safe - Never throw objects in lessons or around the Academy.
- Safe - Promote equality and fairness.
- Safe - Act as a positive role model.
- Safe - Look after your possessions and do not share others possessions.
- Safe - Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Safe - Think before you speak.
Our Behaviour for Learning Policy is built around academy values; Commit, Believe and Achieve and is aimed at supporting our students to be Ready, Respectful and Safe in every aspect of life. We encourage students to reflect on where they have breached these expectations and support them to improve in the future.
High expectations and standards of student behaviour underpins our culture at Corby Business Academy. To support the Academy in maintaining these standards I would like to draw your attention to our Positive Behaviour for Learning Policy.