Covid - 19 Safeguarding update
In response to the current situation with Covid-19, Children First, Northamptonshire are providing a service finder for a variety of local support networks for children and their families.
This link below will allow parents, carers and students access to necessary providers within the County: https://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/councilservices/children-families-education/service-finder?cfdebug=true
If you need further Safeguarding support, you can also contact Amy Harris, Safeguarding Lead at Amy.Harris@corbybusinessacademy.org or telephone the Academy on 01536 303120 .
Corby Business Academy knows that it is of the upmost importance to have good systems for protecting and safeguarding the welfare of all our students. This means that anyone who works with our students must be alert to possible concerns and report these appropriately and in a timely manner.
In order to protect our students, it is our aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all the students feel safe, secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
Corby Business Academy will support all students by:
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness whilst not condoning aggression or bullying
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the Academy
All Corby Business Academy staff should be aware that:
- Their role is to listen and record carefully any observations, which could indicate concern/abuse
- They should not attempt to investigate, once the initial concern is raised
- They should involve the Safeguarding Officer/Designated Person immediately
- If the Safeguarding Officer/Designated Person is not available, the Principal should be contacted
- A disclosure of abuse or harm could be made at anytime
- Prior to external agencies being invited into the Academy to work with our students or to carry out work on the premises, all relevant DBS checks and identification has been seen/verified.
If a staff member has a concern, that a child is being harmed or is at risk of harm or receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally), they must contact one the following:
- Mr Underwood: Associate Principal - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Harris: Senior Designated Lead for Safeguarding - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr Smith: Vice Principal - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Mr Woodcock: Assistant Principal - Deputy Safeguarding Lead (LAC)
- Mrs Lapsley: Senior Student Support Officer - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Pickford: Education Welfare Officer - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Brown: Assistant Unit Manager - Deputy Safeguarding Lead (Unit)
- Mrs Robinson: Unit Manager - Deputy Safeguarding Lead (Unit)
- Mr Hallam: Head of Year 7 - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Dickinson: SENCO - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Mr Elhasbaoui: Head of Year 10 - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Key Personnel for parental contact
If a parent has any concerns of a safeguarding nature then please contact any of the key personnel above on 01536 303120
For further information on safeguarding please view the The Brooke Weston Trust policy for safeguarding and child protection.
The Brooke Weston Trust policy for safeguarding and Child Protection is to:
- Protect children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- Ensure that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- and take action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Other Safeguarding Agencies
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
The MASH can advise on whether a family needs early help or whether they meet the threshold for statutory child protection. Telephone: 0300 126 1000
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
The Designated Officer is accountable to the NSCB and operates independently within Children's Services to help safeguarding children.
Designated Officer Andy Smith - 01604 367862
Designated Officer Christine York - 01604 362633
Out of hours service
Should you need to contact children's Social Care urgently during the evening, at night or at the weekend, phone the out of hours team on 01604 626938. An operator will answer the phone and take details of the problem and your contact details. They will then pass this information over to the duty social worker.